|The value||5 злотых|
Ducal castle (the castle of the Pomeranian Princes) – the historic residence of the dynasty of Griffou, rulers of the Duchy of Pomerania. The construction of the castle was started in 1346 by decree of the Duke Barnim III. In 1428, the building was strengthened and expanded, 1530-1537. was rebuilt in the Renaissance style, and in 1573-1582, he was subjected to a thorough reconstruction in the Mannerist style for Duke Frederick Jan.
In architectural composition, the Szczecin inlet lock – a delightful bright ensemble, consisting of five buildings, two courtyards and four towers. In the large courtyard has an astronomical clock in 1693, and on one of the towers installed Foucault pendulum to demonstrate the daily rotation of the Earth.
Currently, the Pomeranian Dukes ' Castle are located exhibition halls, Opera, theater, concert hall, cinema, small Museum and wedding hall.